While we're still catching our collective breath from the year that was, it's time to look back on some highlights from 2015. It was eventful, to say the very least.
<p> CODE: https://gist.github.com/mebinum/a336167b97d410ea6df25146fa501658.js</p>
The Move: To better accommodate the needs of a growing company, C2 relocated from its home of more than 18 years in Grandville, Mich. to the budding creative and interactive scene of downtown Grand Rapids. C2's new home boasts an open floorplan with a modern industrial design. Among the perks: more meeting and conference space, and increased collaboration and communication between project teams.
A First Time for Everything: C2 launched its first site on the Episerver content management system in August. In November, our first ecommerce site on Episerver was deployed. Along the way, two C2 developers passed comprehensive examinations to earn their Episerver certification.
Meanwhile, C2 began its first consulting engagement with a client in higher education.
Great Events: C2 sponsored and participated in some great events both here in Michigan and across the country, including:
- Gold Sponsor and presenter at Episerver’s Ascend conference in Las Vegas
- Silver Sponsor of the annual HighEdWeb Conference in Milwaukee
- Mid-Size Enterprise Summit in Orlando
- Local sponsor of events such as GR DevNight, GR GiveCamp, and GR BitCamp
Community Service: C2 closed its offices to dedicate more than 325 hours of community service (approximately $50,000 in billable time) in 2015. These efforts included:
- Counting and mapping bike racks throughout Grand Rapids for the Grand Rapids Bike Coalition
- Landscaping and grounds improvements for Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids, a community organization and support group for those living with cancer
- General upkeep (cleaning, landscaping, painting) and assembling of a computer lab for Steepletown Neighborhood Services, a non-profit dedicated to transforming lives within the urban core of Grand Rapids
- Packaging more than 3,500 meals for the elderly during the holiday season with the Senior Meals on Wheels Program
Award-Winning Work: Congrats to Moody Publishers and its team on being named a finalist for Best eCommerce site in the Episerver North America Website Awards! Edison (Ohio) Community College also received regional recognition for its site from the National Council of Marketing and Public Relations.
New Faces: C2 welcomed on Brian Hill as a project lead, Shawn Neville as business development lead, and Brian Beaupied as marketing communications manager. That wasn’t it for employee news, with a wedding, an engagement, and a birth (with a couple new additions expected during 2016).
New Ownership: After spending seven years as Director of Client Solutions, Mike Kunzler purchased The C2 Group in April. As part of the transition, C2 also launched its redesigned site in the first quarter of 2015.
Better Benefits: C2 continues to push the envelope when it comes to offerings for its employees. Paid parental leave was first offered in early 2015, with flex scheduling, an improved retirement plan and increased company match, improved health benefits, and a formalized bonus structure all introduced by year's end.
We Traveled. A lot.: Client work and events took C2 from our home in Michigan throughout the Midwest and across the country. States visited included Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Nevada, Oregon, Florida, Texas, and California.
Cheers! We wish you nothing but the best in 2016!
What separates us from other Episerver partners? We're glad you asked.