Optimizely's continuous release cycle provides new features and bug fixes on a bi-weekly cadence. Every other month, C2 will aggregate and highlight some of the bigger updates to Optimizely software. To learn more, or if you have specific questions, you can contact The C2 Group, an Optimizely Gold Partner, here.
Significant Code Foundation Improvements with the Release of Optimizely Content Cloud (Version 12) and Commerce Cloud (Version 14) on .NET 5
Released in Content Cloud (Version 12) and Commerce Cloud (Version 14): https://world.optimizely.com/net5/
On September 28th, with the launch of Optimizely’s latest updates to their CMS (Content Cloud 12 and Commerce Cloud 14), Optimizely launched its first version ever based on .NET 5. Some of the benefits include:
- Performance and Security Improvements: Significant improvements to performance and stability. This means Optimizely customers get to benefit from faster, more stable websites that handle concurrent loads better at higher volumes.
- New Platform Features: A new version means new features including better and faster redesigned versions of the admin area, removal of Commerce Manager, new versions of core packages, faster editing experiences, and more.
- Cross Platform Support: Hosting and development will be supported for different operating systems, enabling better collaboration and greater efficiency for Mac users who needed to use Windows OS to deploy code.
- Easier Development Process: Improved configuration management and dependency injection means fewer lines of code and portable libraries.
- Continued Open Source: Open source allows for greater transparency and abundance of support letting the community participate and have faster release cycles.
Upgrading to .NET 5 will be a larger lift than just a regular upgrade. It will require a new environment for your DXP, but not to worry. Lower version solutions will continue to be supported for some time, and there will be no additional cost to your license to move. If you’re interested in learning what your roadmap to .NET 5 could look like, get in touch with our team here.
UI, UX, and Performance Improvements to Search & Navigation
The Optimizely team has made important improvements for both the user and content manager experience as it relates to Search & Navigation. First, the team has made key performance and optimization improvements to key queries within Search & Navigation. They’ve also released a key bug fix that allows the Best Bets functionality to auto populate a product’s title and description.
MSDynamics CRM: Update authentication method.
Released in: EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.MSDynamics 5.0.0 [ID: MAI-1892]
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM connector has been updated to utilize single sign on via OAuth functions. This will allow users to utilize Microsoft’s Dynamics software more seamlessly.